The existence of Miramar Golf Club is due to the initiative of Frank Gordon and the Portuguese Cláudio e Mário Martins. In 1931, they decided to create a golf club more open to the Portuguese, who in this way could have easier access to golf. Its first General Meeting was held in 1934.
The course was designed by Frank Gordon and Artur Mariani Jr. It is a par 70 - 35 for each of the two nine-hole rounds and it has some holes that deserve a special reference. For example, the green of the 7th hole and hole number 9, a par 4 of exceptional class for its length, the difficulty of the out-of-bounds to the right, as well as a fast green defended by a bunker in front and another one behind. These are excellent holes, that any good player would appreciate playing.
The content of this page is under the "GNU Free Documentation License".